Babcock runs five UK nuclear licensed sites, and its
capabilities span the full lifecycle from design and build, through
operation and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management,
As a nuclear site licensee we, like many of our customers, hold
ultimate responsibility for nuclear and conventional safety on the
sites we own and manage. Our understanding of this critical
responsibility places us in a unique position to recognise and
respond to our customer's issues and challenges, and gives them the
confidence to entrust us with their most strategic and complex
- Babcock is the Parent Body Organisation responsible for the
management and operation of the NDA sites at Dounreay, Harwell and
Winfrith. We also own and operate the Royal Navy's nuclear
facilities at Devonport and Rosyth, and manage their facilities at
- We operate the UK's largest nuclear design house, employing
over 4,000 staff.
- We provide operational support to the nuclear power generation
sector across the UK and NDA estate.
- We have proven success of completing some of the UK's most
challenging decommissioning projects.
- We provide integrated, cutting-edge radiometric detection,
monitoring and measurement solutions.
- We have an exceptional track record in the design, engineering
and construction of major nuclear facilities.